Tuesday, January 22, 2008

THROWING SOME COLOR AROUND...

I haven't messed around with color on my own pages in a while, so I decided to change that. This is a story I did around August of last year. The idea was to tell a story without any dialogue or narration, the visuals should tell the entire story. Well, there are somethings I would definitely change about it now, but I did learn a lot from it, and thats the important thing. At least, that what I tell myself. No fancy color at all, just flats. Just practicing using color for mood and establish environments. I only had time to do the first three pages, but I posted the rest so you can see the entire story. I need to do this more often. Another thing to do on the list...

3 comments:

Chris Schweizer said...

The colors are looking nice, Doug. Your stuff looks best colored, I think (not that it ain't fine in B&W...)

Shawn Crystal said...

The Palette is nice Doug. I do think a little more punch in your focal colors would be a nice touch. I think working with so much black allows color to really add to mood and depth. Color is used soley for the prpose of storytelling. Which ain't a bad thing. S'why people say color works so well over guys like you and me :)

Bryan Wynia said...

Looking good man, your boards are very easy to follow and I get the story right away. Nice work.